Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) is establishing a national network of alternative fueling and charging infrastructure along national system corridors. FHWA intends to support the expansion of this national network through a process that:
- provides the opportunity for formal corridor designations on an annual basis.
- ensures that corridor designations are selected based on the criteria that promotes the "build out" of a national network.
- develops national signage and branding to help catalyze applicant and public interest.
- encourages multi-state and regional cooperation and collaboration.
- brings together a consortium of stakeholders including state agencies, utilities, alternative fuel providers, and car manufacturers to promote and advance alternative fuel corridor designations in conjunctions with the Department of Energy.